Barge Unloader Upgrades
Heyl & Patterson’s mechanical upgrades increase and significantly enhance wear life and decrease downtime. Unloader integrity and dependability is crucial to your job’s productivity. Our complete line of modifications include:
Equalized Trolley Wheels – Reduce wheel loads by 50%, thereby reducing stress and promoting longer life.
Buckets – Our efficient product-specific designs include stronger materials that wear better.
Auto–Lube System – Environmentally friendly, our system lubricates more consistently and safely with “green” lubricants currently available.
Trolley Rack Rope Take-Up Device Ratchet – Redesigned for greater efficiency unloader movement.
Flex Nose Flexible Spring Assembly – Upgraded heavy-duty shock absorbing system.
Return Chute Wear Pads – Able to endure higher abrasion levels, thereby enabling longer life.
Tail and Pivot Shaft – Includes Timken heavy-duty AP bearings.
Pivot Shaft Take-Ups – Now available.
Trolley Drive Shaft – Our revamped style extends service performance of your unloader.
Chain Rollers – An upgraded design, with better seals and rebuildable/replaceable components.
Service Crane Retro Fit – Enlarged to accommodate 1a 0 to 15-ton capacity.
Drive Upgrades, which include:
- Complete upgraded boom replacement
- Replaceable tooth sprockets change teeth and not the whole sproket. Teeth can be purchased separately.
- Chain degreaseable or permanently greased design available.
- Head shaft design is improved in composition and profile
- Bucket drive gear case upgrade, auto-lube on pinion/intermediate gears
- Drive pinion support structures upgraded design
Heyl & Patterson’s CBU electrical upgrades are energized for economy and efficiency. With improvements that reduce maintenance time and costs, provide greater performance output and smoother operation – our electrical upgrades can further extend the service life of your CBU. Our complete line of upgrades include
Control Upgrades – Featuring:
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to increase the lifespan of electrical/mechanical components to dramatically extend motor operation
- Operator Control trimming of unloading speed
- Control Cab HMI to monitor drive data
- Digital drives in AC or DC combination
- Control upgrade
- Digital signal processor to coordinate each drive for peak performance and operation
Fiber Optic Cabling – For motor drives.
Digital-Based Data Collection and Troubleshooting and Remote Monitoring – Intuitive software control automatically assesses and addresses system/machine alerts and errors.
Boom Hoist VFD
Trolley Auto Sweep Control
Barge Haul Control VFD
Positioner Stem Slack-Rope Switch
Disc Brakes – For Barge Haul, Trolley, Boom Hoist and Bucket Drive
Closed Circuit Monitoring Historian – Problem-tracking/performance evaluation through cameras that document operating conditions.